Tuesday, March 1, 2011

1,000 gifts

I will be starting to chronicle gifts that I have been given in an effort to continually thank God for everything given to me. To produce joy in the tasks of my seemingly mundane everyday life.

1. For the sweetest little boy who greatly enjoys snuggling up with his Mama for more than half of our day.

2. For new friendships (Becky) and play dates with those friends. Thank you Lord for friends who are close by, who love you, and love us.

3. For growing friendships (Em, Johanna, Bonnie, Kelsey and many more) God has blessed me greatly with wonderful women of faith to surround me, encourage me, and uplift me. I pray that I can be a thoughtful, kind and uplifting friend to them.

4. For old friends (Marie, Amanda, Crissy, Tami,Tina) I love that no matter how close or far we live; or how often we see each other, you all seem like sisters to me. We can pick up right where we left off. I pray for you all often.

5. For mail, real life mail. Birthday cards, just because cards, valentines ect. My sweet sister in law and some friends have blessed me recently with cards. This is an area that I personally am weak in, but you guys give me joy at my mailbox and for you, I am thankful.

6. For a husband who stops by the store for milk and comes home with my favorite candy and some new laundry baskets to aid in my killing of the laundry monster. So thoughtful is he.

7. For a sunny, above freezing day.

8. For Ann Voskamp and her blog. http://www.aholyexperience.com/ Seriously, check it out, you will be glad you did.

9. For mocha caramel coffee goodness.

10. For a Mom and Dad who love Christ and love me and my family.

11. For nails and blood. Sacrifice on my behalf. Because without this, I am wretched and hopeless. Without this, I fail. Thank you for everlasting life, for grace.

12. For a women of character. Of hope. Of encouragement. That she is home at last. Whole at last. That her legacy lives on.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment